Frequently Asked Questions
Describe who the software is best for - their role(s) within what kind of companies.
WSO2 products are designed for integration developers and integration architects in medium- to large enterprises who are confronting increasingly disaggregated digital business assets.
How does this software benefit them?
WSO2 helps digitally driven organizations become integration agile using our open source Integration Agile Platform and Methodology for Agility to deliver faster, lower-risk integration projects and better response to business needs.
- WSO2 transforms digitally driven organizations to become integration agile. We help enlighten enterprises with digital transformation tools for their integration and DevOps organizations, people, process, and technologies.
- The WSO2 integrated product portfolio speeds integration projects. The WSO2 product portfolio includes comprehensive integration, analytics, workflow and identity technologies, all based on a single platform architecture.
- WSO2 integrates more than just APIs. This helps developers and architects build agile digital businesses requires the ability to integrate endpoints beyond just microservices and APIs, and includes data, events, and streams.
- Our approach to open source ensures greater agility, innovation, and choice. Because of the ever-growing diversity of integratable endpoints, only an open source, community-based approach can ensure that technology keeps pace with integration challenges, with meeting market needs, and with maintaining freedom from lock-in.
How technical do users need to be to use the software?
WSO2 software is designed for developers and architects familiar with the basics of integration as well as API creation and management. It is not a “no code” integration environment and not designed for the line-of-business user.
What makes WSO2 a leader in this space?
Note that WSO2 was recently cited by Forrester Research as a “Leader” in their API Management Wave, 2018.
- Our unique open source model speeds innovation, provides freedom from lock-in, and reduces long-term technology risk.
- Our API Management, Integration, Identity, and Stream Processing products all leverage a single architecture, enabling easy addition of capabilities with a minimal learning curve, saving time, and reducing developer learning curves.
- Only WSO2 allows developers to efficiently tap into all types of data, events and real-time streams - and merge it with complete deployment flexibility, saving time and effort.
- Our business model guarantees transparency and helps minimize cost of ownership.
Who are your biggest competitors (3-5 companies)?
Mulesoft, RedHat/IBM, Pivotal, Tibco
How/why is WSO2 better than those competitors (or most others in their market)? What about it is unique, stronger, easier, etc.?
- Our first-in-the-industry Methodology for Agility and Architecture for Agility: Our agile transformation methodology, coupled with our platform, helps IT transform from a waterfall to an agile integration model. The result is faster releases and quicker responsiveness to the business.
- Unique open source technology and licensing: WSO2 technology is an open solution, simplifies building extensions and provides freedom from lock-in or short-term vendor agenda, unlike proprietary coded tools or simple “open-core” products. And our licensing model is transparent, with a unique balance between the best freedoms of open source plus measurable added value of support patch binaries.
- Our broad, integrated platform: WSO2 takes a portfolio approach to solving integration problems by offering API management, integration, identity and analytics technologies. Unlike competitor’s products, this means customers won’t need to leverage multiple vendors when building their digital transformation platforms. It’s also uniquely versatile, integrating and scaling with all types of events, data streams and external microservices, unlike products with simplistic, low-code API tools.
Which popular or common software does your product integrate with?
WSO2 maintains hundreds of connectors and extensions to nearly every type of enterprise software.
- ESB connectors: https://store.wso2.com/store/assets/esbconnector/list
- Identity Server connectors: https://store.wso2.com/store/assets/isconnector/list
- Analytics extensions: https://store.wso2.com/store/assets/analyticsextension/list
Software pricing can often be complex. If it's pretty straightforward, list tiers, pricing (per year, seat, etc), limits, etc. If it's not simple, use broad estimates or ranges for typical setups.
WSO2 software is open source and free to download. Our support pricing subscription is simple and transparent, based on the number of instances of each product. Pricing is availalble at https://wso2.com/subscription
Is there a trial or free download available?
A 15 day WSO2 Free Trial Subscription is available. This subscription gives users access to WSO2 Patches/Updates, WSO2 Update Manager, 5 hours of query support, 24/7 incident-level support, consultancy with our experts in the Solutions Architecture team, and assistance building proof of concepts for qualified projects. More information: https://wso2.com/subscription/free-trial
What kind of training/education is offered?
Training is available for all our products and you can choose from the following options:
- Self-paced training
- Customized classroom training courses and/or online training available on request
- On-demand webinars for more information on our products
We also offer certification for our popular courses (these will be expanded as our community grows). For more information on training and certification, visit: https://wso2.com/training
Describe the implementation process and timeline.
WSO2 makes a quick-start offering available, which includes two WSO2 consultants who are experts in the pre-identified technical area, onsite at the customer location for a week (five consecutive days) of intensive work. We also provide 10 hours of development support, providing continuity for a month following the QuickStart. For more information, see https://wso2.com/support/quickstart/
What are the support options? List all.
- WSO2 Integration Agile Consultancy: Includes onsite assessment workshop, organizational change management advice, agile integration process improvement, and education around agile integration, measurement, and architecture.
More information: https://wso2.com/agile-consulting
- WSO2 Quick Start: Provides you with product information, solution and deployment architecture, an implementation plan, helps you prepare your project team for the implementation, and develop a prototype/proof-of-concept for your business scenarios.
More information: https://wso2.com/support/quickstart/
- WSO2 Update Manager (WUM): Provides continuous access to all bug fixes, security updates, and performance enhancements of all our products.
More information: https://wso2.com/updates/wum
- WSO2 Managed Cloud: A hosted services offering for WSO2 products. A team of dedicated WSO2 engineers will host, run, and maintain any WSO2 product or a combination of products for which you purchase production support, in the Cloud.
More information: https://wso2.com/cloud/managed/
- Early Access Support: Commercial support for early adopters of emerging WSO2 technologies. More information: https://wso2.com/support/early-access-programs/